Saturday, June 30, 2012

Homemade Paint!

When Ivan woke up this morning with a runny nose and I looked outside and saw that it was already 80 degrees, I thought we needed to do a project to perk everyone's mood. So . . . we made paint!


It was so easy. I got the recipe from Pinterest (let me mention again how addicted I am to Pinterest)


Anyway, here is the recipe:

3 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2 cups water

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan and warm until the mixture thickens. Cool and pour in containers. Add food coloring to create desired colors.



Ivan had fun mixing the colors and deciding
which colors we should make

 I used old baby food jars and jelly jars 
to put the paint in


Ivan had a great time and the paint was
super easy to clean up



I wouldn't use this paint to create a life-long masterpiece (like this one) because the consistency is a little off, but it is fun for an everyday kind of project. Plus . . . if your toddler is a little taste tester you don't have to worry about them putting this paint in their mouth. 



1 comment:

  1. It is great idea to make paint at home with corn starch,salt,sugar and water.It is really safe enough also for kids who have habit of eating anything while playing.

    ReplyDelete