Monday, July 2, 2012

#paulthetrombonist

Have you ever wondered where the hashtag came from? 


Or, played with your phone while sitting on the toilet?


Or, just love great and fun music?


Well, let me introduce you to my brother, Paul Nowell (Paul the Trombonist). I have always been a proud sister, but lately I feel like I am watching my brother slowly become famous. He is so dedicated and passionate about what he does. He is funny and talented and I feel like people can't help but watch his videos. 


Little do most viewers know that Paul is a trained musician that has studied with some of the world's best teachers. He graduated from the acclaimed Berklee College of Music, he has traveled the world with the Glenn Miller Orchestra, played with Aretha Franklin, Jimmy Heath, Conrad Herwig, Pete Christlieb, Don Braden, The Spinners, James Moody, Frankie Avalon, Bobby Rydell, Fabian, The Temptations and many others. Along with playing gigs almost every night, writing dozens and dozens of songs, and doing his videos, he is a great music teacher and so good with kids.


All of his videos are produced by him. All instruments on the tracks are played by him. And, all the lyrics are written by him (except the covers). Although, he arranges them a little differently sometimes. 


Paul is 3-1/2 years younger than me and I can't really remember a time that music wasn't an important part of his life. Everything to Paul relates back to music. Every topic is a potential song. He learns something from everyone he meets and that makes him a stronger person. He has such a big heart, I just can't wait to see what good things come his way.


I know that my blog is not going to make me any money and doesn't bring a substantial amount of new business to my company so, I treat it as a personal log of my thoughts, my beautiful little family and a creative outlet. Paul being "almost famous" is just what I am thinking about tonight. I am watching the numbers grow on the "views" of Paul's new video. He calls to tell us about all of the amazing people he is meeting and networking with and the new opportunities that are popping up for him. After Ivan and I facetimed him (and the banana) this afternoon—I've just been thinking about him. 


Currently, Paul has 62 videos on his YouTube Channel as well as 20 videos on the YouTube channel that he shares with one of his writing partners, Leonard. His website is paulnowell.com (which I am currently redesigning to better represent his personality).

3 comments:

  1. I just reads your article. It is really awesome. You have perfect blogging idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No i was not idea about where hashtag came from. But after reading your blog i got it. Thanks for you help.

    ReplyDelete